Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Opinion: Fencing

11/16/11

Fencing is like Sex. If someone screams at you for an extended amount of time, you probably won't perform that well... if at all [if you're a guy]. And if you're a girl, you probably won't be in the mood for anything after that. Or am I mistaken??

Well... after the [more experienced] guy in fencing grew frustrated with me after I couldn't execute the perfect move after like 1-2 tries, his tone became that which you would use when screaming at someone. I honestly think I got even worse at that point... I couldn't even concentrate on fencing because I was too preoccupied with him being unhappy with my performance.

In his defense, he later told me that he only gets frustrated with people when he knows they can do better. And I could. A few minutes after the president of the fencing club came by [and told the other guy to calm down], I got better and did the move he wanted me to do. The guy from before was surprised xD

During my bout with a girl, the guy [again] pointed out my mistakes. Thing is... I KNEW I was making them. And I was going to correct them, but it was a bit hard with the guy being unhelpful and distracting. This is how I work best: once you point out my mistakes and give me some helpful advice AND THEN LEAVE ME TO IT TO WORK ON IT, I should be able to get the moves down with a bit of practice. If you scream at me, it won't help anything, and that will just get the two of us frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment